Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year!

A lot of people get very blue when Christmas is over, but the week between Christmas and New Year's is one of my very favorite times of year. Not only do you have the oppurtunity to be lazy, lazy, lazy; it's also a great time to reflect on the past year and think about the new year.

I love making New Year's resolutions--my mom hates them and thinks that they set you up for failure, but I don't look at them that way. I think that they are guidelines for what you want to change for the new year, and whether or not you actually stick to them fully doesn't really matter as long as you have them in mind. I came up with my own little list I'd love to share!

1) Stop WORRYING: I hate to admit that I am one of those people that constantly has a nagging worry in my head. If it's not one thing, it's another! And it's usually always completely ridiculous: the more I've become aware of this habit, the easier it's been to step back and think "why am I worrying about this? Does it really matter?" and move on without worrying. This year, I want to get rid of this habit! If it's something I can take care of, I will confront it, and if it's not then I will stop letting a worry clutter my thoughts.

2) Organize My Room: You know the term "controlled chaos?" Well it is not something I can claim about my room! It's just tragic: there's stuff everywhere and I have the best idea of how it can look when it's organized, and it's time to make that a reality!

3) Join a Book Club: Self-explanatory :) I've always wanted to and I think it's time I do it!

I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve, and I can't wait for 2011! I'm borrowing the words of my cousin Randi here: 2010 has taught me a lot, but I'm looking forward to 2011 being a brighter year of new beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment